Join our group of trail runners to take your fitness to the next level.
Your personal coach is on hand to answer questions and guide you on your journey.
Learn and share with your online community via workshops, hangouts and group chat.
Enjoy the process of preparing for your next trail race with us!
Our EBR Club training community fits between an off-the-shelf training plan and one-to-one coaching, with the added benefit of being a member of a dynamic training community.
Our expert coaches provide dedicated support as you progress towards your goals.
- Your training plan is loaded to your TrainingPeaks account each month with guidelines on how to make it your own.
- You are part of a community of other like minded runners working toward similar goals. Discuss training, equipment, events, performance, and more in our interactive workshops, groups and chat forums.
- Get your questions answered by your dedicated coach during your weekly Group Q & A Zoom meetings
- Have a question about a workout, equipment, or event? Looking for some general answers? All you need to do is post in the group, you can #tag your coach or get advice from our experienced member community.
Who Is It For?
EBR Running Club is for any runner who wants to be fitter, build endurance and get faster. The plans are designed specifically for trail runners but can be adapted for running on the roads. Training can be a combination of on and off-road.
Beginner Trail Runner
- with the desire to develop in the discipline
Experienced Road Runner
- half marathon/marathon
- who wants to try trail running
Experienced Trail Runner
- who wants to be part of a like minded community
Meet Your Coach
Clare loves to work with people to help them succeed at their own goals; whether that’s a personal best, a finish within the time limit or a place on the podium.
- Professional Coach with TrainingPeaks Level 2 Accreditation
- Experienced in supporting many trail runners achieve beyond their expectations, such as helping Erin go from running half marathons on the road to her first ultra-trail race
- When not coaching Clare loves to spend time running and cycling in the mountains preparing for her own races
- She was also second female in 100 Miles du Sud de France (50 mile/80km event)
A professional endurance coach since 2009, John Hampshire has worked with cyclists and runners from all over the world to help them achieve their goals.
Whether you are a beginner or an elite competitor looking for a big win, John can help you reach your potential and be your best.
"I have really enjoyed Clare's coaching input and found her a top-class coach. I found her empathetic approach was very appropriate for me. She has a keen eye for detail."
I didn't consider myself an athlete before seeking out a coach. I thought: right, I'm 57, I was just a late blooming runner who wanted some help getting to marathon distance. I was wrong. Clare helped me see that I am an athlete.... Thanks, Clare!"
What experience level should I have?
The plan is designed for regular runners capable of running at least 4 times a week including an endurance run of 90 minutes.
How much time do I need for training?
- There are 5 training sessions prescribed for each week with a typical weekly average of 7 hours
- Training days are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays but we can help you adjust the plan to meet your needs
- It requires weekly long runs, sometimes on consecutive days
- The longest training session is 7 hours
How is the plan structured?
- The plan is based on 3 week cycles, 2 weeks hard followed by an easier week
- The training uses heart rate based training zones but can be adapted for those who do not have a heart rate monitor, or to use run power
- We will also give you a 6 week plan leading up to your event to help you taper and refine your training